Translate

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Spell Check?spel ceck?spell chek?

Wouldn't it be nice if life had the spell check option?  That one little button would correct all our mistakes before anyone could see our weaknesses. 

Perhaps, though, that idea isn't so far out there.  Perhaps we already have our own little form of spell check all figured out.  You know what I mean....how often do we let people see the true us?

Maybe I should ask- how often do I let people see the true me?  Am I so afraid to be myself (weaknesses and all); because it might make others think less of me? 

So often, I struggle all alone because I don't want anyone to know that I actually have struggles!  Imagine, me with problems!  Ha, I scoff at the idea in public; but realize it all too well when I am alone. 

When you stop to think about it, it really is quite sad.  Are not we, as Christians, supposed to take each other's burdens, confess our faults, ask prayer for our struggles?  Would not the body of believers be strengthened by such unity? 
Oh yes, without a doubt. 

So then why have we stopped being ourselves around others?  Why do we try to make ourselves something we are not, or become someone we were not meant to be?  Why do we hold all our emotions inside of ourselves until we nearly explode from all the drama and chaos?

Maybe it is because we have been ourselves with others in the past; but then were mocked because we were not "cool enough" or "rich enough" or "intelligent enough".  Maybe it is because we tried to share with our church family; but then someone went and used it to belittle or ridicule us.

 Maybe that is why we started turning on the spell check before we can say anything or do anything. 

So yes, spell check for life would be a great thing to download into ourselves---- if we never want people to see our mistakes. 

But, on the other hand, maybe we should try to just do our best and be who God wants us to be.  Really, we are human; (believe it or not) - everyone makes mistakes. 

Mistakes and failures will happen, but then we need to learn from them.  If my computer's spell check automatically corrects all my misspellings, I would never learn how to spell the words properly. 

So today, I think I'm gonna turn my spell check off and just be myself- No pretending I'm perfect, No wearing a mask of perfection.  I'm pretty sure that it will be a nice plunge into freedom; because, no matter what God calls me to do and no matter how stupid I may feel at times when I take a blind leap of faith....
I can realize that I am finally living life to its fullest instead of stifling it behind the fear of failure and spell checks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment