Translate

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Departure

I am one of those sentimental persons.  I can play a c.d. of Tchaikovsky, light a few candles, watch the rain falling outside my window, and start becoming melancholy about anything. 

However, I did not have to do any of that to get this sad, lonely feeling that is abiding inside of me right now. 

That happened all by itself when I started thinking about the loss of a very special friend that will be taking place tomorrow evening. 

Oh, I know she is not dying; and I will hopefully see her in a year or so; but I still can not help feeling a little depressed about the situation.
 

My very dear friend has been called to Grenada for the next two years to teach school.  I couldn't be more proud of her, but I really am going to miss her.  Isn't it funny how you take your friends for granted when you can see them every week?  A youth activity, supper together, or a sleepover were just a normal occurence.  I was so used to seeing her- that I didn't think twice about it. 

Now I really wish I had enjoyed those times together more.  It really makes you stop and appreciate something when you know it will be taken from you.  Why is it so hard to get my brain geared to the simple activity of thanking God daily for all the blessings He puts in my life???  Why is it so easy to forget to tell my friends and family how wonderful they are??? 
 
 So, Amanda, if you happen to read this little post, I want you to know.... that even though I may have never told you this very often, I am so glad that God placed you in my life! 

 And I also wish you all of God's blessings as you depart from home and enter into an exciting new journey.

"May God give you...
For every storm, a rainbow,
For every tear, a smile,
For every care, a promise,
And a blessing in each trial.
For every problem life sends,
A faithful friend to share,
For every sigh, a sweet song,
And an answer for each prayer."

No comments:

Post a Comment