Translate

Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Ghost of the Future

The Ghost of the Future

ImageI love “what if’s”.  The most interesting thing you can do with a group of people is ask “what if” questions and see how they respond.  Just this past New Year’s eve, we had some friends over for a party and spent some of the time doing this little game.  What if you could win $1,000,000; what would you do with it?  What if you could be anyone or anything for a day; who would you be?  What if you could see one thing in the future; what would you want to see?  Everyone had a different response, a different dream, and a different goal because each person was an unique creative individual.  That’s why I was excited when I saw the daily post challenge that gave a blogging prompt on “When you look back at your blog on January 2, 2015, what would you like to see?”.  I suddenly knew that I was going to have to put some thought into this question and that I was going to enjoy reading other’s responses. 
ImageMy first answer was that I would want to see a huge readership.  I mean, what’s better than having a couple thousand views a day from all over the world?  With a large following, I would build respect, create a reputation, familiarize my name, and perhaps pave the way for finally achieving publication for my books through popular publishers. 
ImageBut God stopped me dead in my dreams of glory and success and asked me if that is the most important thing to me.  Would I sacrifice all else just so that the future is grand and glorious?
ImageSo I replied, no, my truest desire for the January 2, 2015 blog post is that God can look upon it and smile.  I wish that it would be a writing of enjoyment and encouragement.  I want my blog to be a place that people feel safe visiting, knowing that what they read for that day will be spiritually refreshing.  I want the person that is depressed and wondering if life is worth living to read of value and hope.  I want the person wondering what choice to make in a life-changing decision to feel a Presence that directs their paths.  I want to be completely honest with my struggles and life challenges so that I am not some aloof writer on a blog but a human being with the same exact trials and hardships that everyone else is going through.  That’s what I would really like to see a year from now- not numbers but individuals.  Friends that I can lean upon, and friends that can lean upon me.  When I blog to be only seen and heard, I am completely self-centered and not allowing God to use the keys on this keyboard to connect with others.  When I blog for others, that’s when true accomplishment has arrived.  So, I look forward to the next year. 
ImageLet’s pack our suitcases and get ready to journey together!  

No comments:

Post a Comment