Translate

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Sippin' Guilt through a Straw

Sippin’ Guilt through a Straw

chai
Daily Post Prompt:  What’s the one guilty pleasure you have that’s so good, you no longer feel guilty about it?

I like to brag that I live healthily- I don’t smoke; I don’t do drugs; I rarely drink coffee, sweet teas, or sodas; I don’t drink alcoholic beverages; I exercise almost every day; I get seven hours of sleep at night; I wake up at 5:30 in the morning; and I eat healthily (for the most part).

However there is one guilty pleasure that I participate in that is just to good to quit.  Ah, a chai tea latte (iced in the spring, frozen in the summer, pumpkin spice added in the fall, and hot in the winter) will just make waterfalls dance and rainbows swirl and flowers blossom.  I know, I know, they cost a nice chunk of change, and sixteen ounces of that deliciousness pack a whopping 240 calories; but they are irresistible.

I used to have a higher resistance, but now it is getting harder and harder to say no.  Any Starbucks, Panera Bread, or Sheetz automatically pulls me through the doors to a cup of spice and sweetness blended in perfection.  I convince myself that I work hard and should reward myself once in a while (or once in a lot) and will easily burn those added calories.

And guess what!  A Sheetz is moving in down the road within walking distance, which means that “book and chai” dates might happen even more often.  Maybe I should just start a piggy bank labeled Chai Tea Latte Fund, which eliminates all financial guilt… and of course, if I walk to get my drink, that eliminates calorie guilt.  See, there’s always a way to keep a chai close by;)

No comments:

Post a Comment