Translate

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

A Journey Home

Just a poem for your day.....

She's on a journey, a journey Home,
Each day she travels on life's long hard road.
Sometimes it's dark and fears close in,
But she knows she must not let them win.
At times the fog covers up the day,
But with her Compass she won't lose her way.
The stones have bruised her weary feet,
And scars tell stories of the battles she meets.
When doors are locked and there seems no way
And sunny skies have turned to gray,
With nowhere to turn, she falls to her knees,
And then in her hand she finds a key.
"How can you continue?" some say with a frown,
"How do you get up when you've fallen down?"
Softly she replies with tears in her eyes,
Wishing they knew that to live one must die,
"Because I hold to an Unseen Hand
Who gently carries me through the roughest lands.
That Hand brings me light
As I pass through dark night,
And It gives me bread
During famine's worst spread.
When I feel overwhelmed and forever alone,
It sends glimpses and letters from Home,
And reminds me that all confusion will clear,
And the end of the journey
Will be worth every tear."  - M.L. Geigley

No comments:

Post a Comment