Translate

Monday, April 14, 2014

Buckets, Lists, and Dreams!


Image
The daily prompt for today is to create a list; so I decided to share some of my bucket list in hopes that I can hear about some of your *dreams*!  My father is a dreamer; he often says that everyone needs to have a dream to plot and plan and chew on.  God intended for man to dream and hope.  Abraham kept hope for years that he would have a son.  David dreamed and planned the building of the tabernacle- he never actually was able to accomplish it, but his son did.  Some times, God gives us specific dreams so that His will may be accomplished, and some times our dreams are just fantasy and may never actually happen.  As long as we’re open to God’s plans and forming our hopes on Him and not against Him, I think He likes to see us DREAM.  So go ahead- dream big!

A few things from my Bucket List—-  I won’t tell you all of them, and let me quote Jamie from the movie A Walk to Remember, “I’d tell you, but then I’d have to kill you” – okay, I really wouldn’t (remember I’m nonresistant;).  Some are crazy, unachievable, and will never happen, some are of no real value except to say that I did it, and some are great ambitions….but all are fun to dream!

-Tutor children with learning disabilities and have the privilege of helping them learn and understand
-Visit all 50 states (only need Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, and Maine yet)
-Own a vintage VW Beetle
-Go on CAM’s disaster relief teams
-See the northern lights
-Help out at a children’s home and work with foster-care kids that are hurting and neglected
-Set foot on all of the continents
-Camp on the water, on a raft
-Be in a professional musical (favorite choices would be “The Sound of Music” or “Anne of Green Gables”)
-Publish a book through a reputable publisher—– and then write some more and publish some more and write some more…..
-Volunteer at a children’s hospital
-Teach first grade
-Have a library in my house
-But most of all I want my life to be this quote

“I don’t want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.
I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children.
I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone’s garden.
I want to be there with children’s sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.
I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.”


Now it’s time to share some of your bucket-list dreams.  I would love to hear about them=)

No comments:

Post a Comment