Translate

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Please Tell Me That I Did Not Just Do That!


ImageDaily Prompt: Isn’t Your Face Red

by michelle w. on February 5, 2014
When was the last time you were embarrassed? How do you react to embarrassment? 
Photographers, artists, poets: show us RED.

http://dailypost.wordpress.com/category/daily-prompts/

I do not know what my last embarrassing moment was, they all kind of run together into a hazy memory that I try to forget.  I am a blond that is usually daydreaming and in more touch with imagination than reality; so I have almost daily encounters with face-blushing times.  The VERY HUMILIATING one that comes to mind right now happened a few years ago and still comes back to haunt me.  Whenever I talk about this yet, my face turns that amazing shade of RED.

I was on tour with a group of young people from Sharon Mennonite Bible Institute, and we were singing in churches from Pennsylvania to Wisconsin.  We would travel all day on the bus, give a program in the evening, and then be distributed out to local church members’ homes to spend the night so that we would not have to pay for lodging at a hotel.  This particular time I was placed in a young family’s house.  If I remember right, it was two guys, a girl, and I that were to occupy the rooms that this hospitable couple had provided for us.

We made it through the program, quite tired and exhausted from traveling all day, battling the cold, and fighting illness, and traveled to this family’s house where they had prepared a lovely snack and tried to hold friendly conversation with us zombies.  

Finally, everyone decided to retire for the night.  I trudged myself and my luggage into the room that I was sharing with the other girl and proceeded to organize the mass confusion inside of my suitcase.  My dear friend used the bathroom to get her shower, brush her teeth, and whatever else she needed to do while I waited and replied to my accumulated text messages that I had not gotten a chance to reply to yet.  She finally appeared from the land of warm, soapy water, and I gathered my supplies for the trek into that realm of relaxing cleanliness.  Before I left, I got specific directions from her about where the bathroom actually was.

Problem is, in my half-conscious state, I misunderstood her and trudged down the hall- in oblivion to the fact that I had misunderstood her.  I came to the door that I thought was the right one, opened it, searched for the light switch, and almost dropped my toothbrush and washcloth in shock as I realized that I just entered the room of the hosting couple.  I could not see my face, but I am pretty sure that it must have burned a shade of red that has not even been discovered by Crayola yet.  I mumbled something quickly about looking for the bathroom, turned off the light, and rushed out the door as fast as my legs could carry me. 

I did eventually find the bathroom that night yet and managed to get a shower, although disappearing into a deep hole in the earth never to be seen again did cross my mind.

Oh well, I guess we need those moments to realize that we are very human and prone to times that we wish we could redo=D

Would love to hear your embarrassing moment!  (If you’re brave enough;) – go ahead and share in the reply box!

No comments:

Post a Comment